LIFE & LEGACY®
Who Can Apply?
- Grantees must have 501(c)(3) non-profit status with the IRS.
- Grantees need not be Federation beneficiary agencies.
- Awardees must be current on all prior Foundation requirements and reporting.
Each organization may submit no more than one application for grant funding.
How to Apply?
Please download the application instructions and the application form. Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
Recent Grants Include
- $325,000 to facilitate a new Community Study, which will produce a profile of the Pittsburgh Jewish community that will enable a better understanding of our demographics, activities and needs.
- $125,000 to support a community scholar – Rabbi Danny Schiff – who provides Jewish education and Jewish content to diverse populations in the community.
- $6,000 to the Rosh Pina Cornerstone Fellowship, which supports a year-long organizational change project for leaders of the Jewish Family & Children's Service, Jewish Residential Services, and Jewish Federation to increase disability inclusion opportunities throughout the Pittsburgh Jewish community.
- $7,500 to support Repair the World Pittsburgh in expanding its food justice programming and partnerships.
Have More Questions?
Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to discuss requests with Federation staff before submitting a proposal.
Questions may be submitted to Shelly Parver, Planning Manager, Jewish Education & Continuity, at 412-992-5207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.